“Faith in the Facts”
Ever heard someone say, “That’s a fact?” I know I have.
A “fact” is something that has actual existence. Right now, I am wearing an orange sweat shirt that says, “Destined for Your Best.” It’s a fact although no one reading this post knows it or has a way to confirm it. Now, if I have proven myself to be a truthful person, no one reading this post will object to its truth.
When it comes to God, there are many scriptural facts about Him. Many of which we have no way of confirming. So we accept them as truth!
The Word of God is true! Not because it’s been confirmed by me or anyone else. It’s a fact God is the True and Living God regardless of how others feel! If one choose not to believe, He stands sure; He believes in Himself! No one has seen God, at least no one living in this lifetime. But If we look back on His track record in scripture and our own personal life, we would have no problems accepting biblical facts about Him that include these scriptural references:
- The Lord is a very present help in time of trouble. Psalm 46:1
- Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20
- O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endures for ever. Psalm 107:1
- Again, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world.….” John 8:12
- Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me. Psalm 139:7-10. God is omnipresent.
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Might God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6. He is the Everlasting Father.
- One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24. He is a Friend.
So am I saying there should be no “fact-checking” when it comes to God? No, I am not saying that. We should learn as much about Him as possible because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God! But your own experiences should also be considered when tracking His faithfulness to humanity. Another fact about Him…He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. Hebrews 13:8. God does not change. If He worked miracles in biblical days; He’s still working miracles today!
In troublesome times, look back on previous times He came through for you. Whatever that was, it’s a fact that no one can take away from you. So use it for future references! Use it to fuel your faith!
Trust the facts about your Father! They’re copious in the Bible! They’re there for your use because without faith it is impossible to please Him but when you put your faith in Him, there’s nothing He won’t do for you! So have faith in the facts!
The Good Book
The Good Book is ranked as the world’s most purchased and read book because 3.9 billion copies have been sold, however, many more copies have been given away for free. That means the Good Book has been purchased, read, and shared more than any other book. It has been given as gifts more than any other book. And, it’s the most powerful, accurate, sacred, and most loved book–no other book surpasses it. That’s why I call it “The Good Book”!